Monday, September 5, 2011

A Little Nutty


I spent the long weekend with my sister’s family at their new home in Indiana. We had a lot of fun! I was tackled every morning and encouraged to wake up and play. “Aunt Em, I wake up at 7 o’clock and it is 7:10. Time to play!” I screamed like a little girl as I ran frantically around the yard while being chased by two little boys (and sometimes their mother) with cicada shells. I lost in tennis to my big sister, but I blame it on the wind.  I ate a lot of food at an amish buffet. I swam at the Y with these little fish:



In the car on the way to the pool my nephew wrote my name on a notepad. He spelled it out loud as he wrote it: “A-N-U-T-E-M”. He wondered why we couldn’t stop giggling. “Sweetheart, that spells ‘A Nut Em’. You need to switch the ‘N-U’ to spell ‘Aunt’. But yes, I am a nut sometimes.”

Back to reality. I need new tires for my car, a queen bed for my spare bedroom, laundry to be washed and folded, and some groceries in my fridge. Adios, Summer. Labor Day means that you are unofficially over.  Adios, Long Weekends. I won't see you again until Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment