Sunday, September 18, 2011

Girl's Night Out


Last night I had a Girl’s Night Out with one of my favorite gals.

We ate pizza at Mellow Mushroom, wandered around downtown,

Had a photo shoot in front of the Frist
 This girl knows how to work the camera...
 Even though it was a little difficult to get on top of the spheres.

And rocked it out at the Taylor Swift concert.



Taylor put on a really fun show.




Plus she flew in the air in this little balcony contraption and came right over us. We had front row seats for those 15 seconds.

And she had several surprise guests:
 Kenny Chesney

 Andy Grammer

Tim McGraw

Was the concert awesome? Well, of course! We were armed with all necessary “Awesome Concert” items:
 Glow Sticks

Fresh Squeezed Lemonade

 Cotton Candy

 Taylor Tee

And on the way home we cruised through downtown with our windows down, Taylor cd blaring, and  two excited girls screaming the songs at the top of our lungs.

There were smiles all around.



She was my paparazzi for the evening. I didn't upload the close-ups of my belt, boots, lips, hair, purse, etc. In this particular picture she said "I've gotta take a picture of you with all of the stuff you have been carrying around all night." Okay. Let's all notice that every item in my hands, with the exception of my purse, was in her hands in earlier photos. Kids come with lots of stuff.


I learned a few things last night. For example, when I was little we said “Step on a crack and you break your momma’s back” in reference to any crack or line in the sidewalk. Well, that game has been upgraded. They have added “Step on a line and you break your daddy’s spine.”. Cracks now refer to “squiggly” breaks in the concrete and Lines refer to the intentional “straight” breaks. We ran down the sidewalks trying to dodge all off the life altering squiggles and lines. I stepped on so many that I was relieved today to see both of my parents upright and in good health. I was worried. I don’t even remember what happens when you if you step on the black squares in the crosswalks but I remember it was bad. Lava or something. I stayed on the white squares. I didn’t want to find out.

Also, “Punch Buggy” is the new car game. If you see a Volkswagen beetle you have to be the first to yell “Punch Buggy Black” or whatever color it is. You get a point for each one. If you see a convertible with the top down you get two points. When I was young we played Padiddle. In our game if you saw a car with a head light out you would have to be the first to yell “Padiddle” and hit the ceiling of your car with your hand.   I don’t remember the details surrounding the point system, but I would imagine it is comparable to Punch Buggy. I do remember one thing. Watch for motorcycles. They are tricky!

Can't wait for round two with her little sister in few weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment