Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Orange Greek Yogurt Creamsicles


Orange Greek Yogurt Creamsicles
I’ve told you about my obsession with popsicles. I don’t like desserts, but recently discovered that I can make my own popsicles with no sugar. Plus, they taste way better!


What You Need:
1 container of plain Greek yogurt (6 ounces)
5 oranges, juiced (approx. 16 ounces)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon agave nectar
Popsicle mold and sticks


Yields: 10 popsicles

How To:
Juice 4-5 oranges to yield about 16 ounces. I have a citrus juicer. If I didn’t, I’d probably just use Simply Orange juice.



Whip 1 container of plain greek yogurt with the orange and lemon juice until thoroughly mixed and smooth.

Add one tablespoon of agave nectar. This isn’t necessary, but I use it to cut the tartness of the yogurt. You can substitute with honey.

Pour into popsicle mold. (Mine makes ten popsicles.)


Freeze about 4-5 hours until frozen solid.

I know this is so simple, but I’m obsessed. I even eat two at a time… sometimes. But with only about 30 calories each, it’s justifiable.



No comments:

Post a Comment